COUPONING at JOANN FABRICS 101
#1. Gather up as many JoAnn store coupons as possible! If you have a particular project in mind, odds are, you will be buying multiple items. You can use ONE “% off any item coupon” for EVERY regularly-priced item you buy as long as they all have DIFFERENT BARCODES! Now, the barcode rule is important!! You CANNOT grab the entire stack of weekly ads (usually located by the entrance of the store) and cut out 20 weekly 40% off coupons. They will all have the same barcode, and therefore, will be unusable. Not to mention that it’s typically frowned upon and will not be making you any friends with the other patrons in the store who were hoping to snag at least one meager coupon.
To do this AND play by the rules, you will have to get your coupons from multiple sources…
If you’ve successfully acquired coupons from all of the above sources, you will now have enough coupons to get 4 regularly-priced items 40-50% off!! But, did I mention…they also accept COMPETITOR’S coupons!?!
#2. Using Competitor’s coupons is a breeze, again, as long as you follow the rules. They will accept Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Hancock, etc. for basic craft items. HOWEVER, if the competitor in question (i.e. Michaels) doesn’t sell fabric, the coupon CANNOT be used to buy fabric. Make sense? NOTE: JoAnn’s will NOT accept a “% off your total purchase” from a competitor and you can only use ONE coupon from each local competing store. For instance, I have a Michaels and a Hobby Lobby relatively close by, so my coupon binder will always include a single coupon from each of those stores. A few good sources for competitor’s coupons;
#3. Have your eye on something that’s already on sale? It gets better!! This is when you’ll want to use that awesome “% off your TOTAL purchase’' coupon. Make sure it says at the bottom, “Includes regular- & sale-priced items.” Does it??? Then, you’re all set to get some AMAZING SAVINGS!!
*Don’t see your local stores listed? A simple Google search of “Store name + coupons” will usually get you what you’re looking for.
- Check your Sunday paper for weekly ads.
- Print an online coupon from Michaels or have it sent directly to your phone. If you get a Michaels ad in your Sunday paper, there’s no need to print because you can only use ONE.
- Print an online coupon from Hobby Lobby.
- Print an online coupon from Hancock Fabrics. (Can use on FABRICS!! Yaaaay!!)
#4. JoAnn Fabrics also offers some awesome discount programs! Sign up today to start saving!
- Teacher Rewards – Save 15% on every purchase. (Must present valid license and ID).
- Student Discount – Save 10% off every purchase for students 14+. (Must present Student ID, College acceptance letter, or report card).
- VIP Discount – Save 10% off every purchase. Eligible for Vendors, Craft organizations, and Interior Design Professionals. (Must present vendor’s license, tax ID, State ID, membership card, or professional certification).
- Non-Profit Discount – Save 10% on every purchase. Eligible for organizations with a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit tax status. (Must present proof of 501(c)(3) and state ID).
#5. BONUS for Giant Eagle shoppers!! As of today (1/20/2014) they are selling these gift card 2-packs. It's a $60 value, but you only have to pay $50 out-of-pocket PLUS you'll earn your $0.10 in fuel perks ($3 value when you buy 30 gallons of gas). That's a whopping 26% savings before you even step foot inside the store!! WOOT!
HAPPY COUPONING ;)